If you want to get a tattoo but don’t want to keep it permanently, try a temporary tattoo. You can make your own temporary tattoo with a few daily necessities and things you buy from a craft store. Learn three techniques for making temporary tattoos: the method of using eyeliner, the method of using paper film, and the method of printing patterns on paper.
Draw a tattoo with eyeliner
1. Set the tattoo design. If you want to make a good-looking tattoo, think about the design before getting it on your body. Use ordinary pencil and paper to sketch some ideas, remember the following points:
- Eyeliner tattoos with bold and simple strokes work best. The fine lines and intricate designs are likely to become blurred and unrecognizable. Stick to simple patterns.
- Decide the size you want. Large tattoos look more like hand-painted, while small tattoos may look more “real”. Design your tattoo according to the effect you want.
2. Choose eyeliner. Go to the place where you buy cosmetics and buy a simple eyeliner. Choose the sharpened one. Don’t choose shiny or oily ones; an eyeliner that can draw a smooth and dry pattern will make the tattoo longer and more realistic.
- Jet black eyeliner can create amazing tattoos, but other colors are also available. Try emerald green, purple and sky blue to create your own design patterns, or highlight the pattern slightly.
- Do not use liquid eyeliner. It is difficult to keep the eyeliner on other parts of the body except the eye sockets.
- Use the eyeliner of your choice to practice your design on paper. Adapt to the intensity required to create smooth strokes.
3. Use eyeliner to draw the pattern on the skin. Go slowly and make sure that the pattern you draw is what you want. If you don’t like it, you can wash off this pattern and start over.
- You can draw the tattoo on any part of the body, but it is easier to draw on the part without a lot of hair. When you draw a tattoo, make sure the skin is clean and dry.
- Use a cotton swab to blend the colors together to create a shadow.
4. Spray hair spray on the painted tattoo. These hair-fixing chemicals can act as a sealant and prevent the tattoo from falling off within a few hours. There is no need to soak the tattoo in the hairspray; just use a little bit on that piece of skin.
5. Clean the tattoo. This kind of tattoo will last for about a day before it becomes blurred. It can be easily washed off with warm soapy water. You may want to remove your tattoo before going to bed to avoid getting eyeliner marks on the bed sheet.